The original, highly articulated and detailed 1906 bank façade had been furred out and covered in the late 1960’s with a cement plaster coating in which large white rocks were embedded. By 2001, the façade was unattractive and the aggregate was beginning to fall off the face of the building. Initial discovery work included removing all of the 1960’s materials uncovering the original façade, to reveal the original stone and brick surfaces. Original cut and carved stone elements were restored using appropriate stone restoration materials and techniques. Windows were replaced with new clad units designed to match original profiles and patterns. A new wood entry door and transom was designed to match as closely as possible the original wood door as seen in old photographs.